Mindfulness is the art of managing attention through meditative practices.
John Kabat-Zinn - the founder of mindfulness - popularized it as a secular term to make it more accessible and amenable to scientific research. It is a scientifically based approach to meditation, based on centuries of Eastern wisdom and modern knowledge of neuroscience.
How it works?
Mindfulness is a series of simple but very powerful practices and techniques that will transform your life, make it more conscious and meaningful and, as a result, happy.
This is a kind of fitness for the mind, which has a beneficial effect on brain activity and allows you to come out of the autopilot mode into the mode of conscious perception of reality.
Our centre hosts a 6-week course in attention control "Be mindful", where week after week new knowledge and techniques for managing your attention are mastered.
The lessons are structured as follows:
Study of the theoretical basis
- Formal Practices: Each week, course participants master a new formal practice (duration an average of 15 minutes)
- Informal, mini and micro practices: short mindfulness techniques and practices that can and should be applied in everyday life.
In the process of mindfulness training, participants step by step learn new tools and introduce them into their lives. With regular exercise, new neural connections are formed.
The aim of the course is to provide the participant with a system, tools and techniques that he can apply in his life on a daily basis. And thus live in the style of mindfulness.
Effectiveness of Mindfulness
What is the result of the attention control course?
- Improves concentration and alertness
- Increased efficiency, productivity and stress resistance
- Participants develop skills in control emotions and reactions
- Increased creativity of thinking
- Improves memory
- The quality of life and the level of well-being are improved.
At QuintesSense, you can take the 6-week BE MINDFUL course both in groups and individually.
The training is conducted by Gulnara Subeeva a certified mindfulness instructor, a graduate of the Mindfulness Center of Snezhana Zamalieva PhD.